Friday, October 31, 2008
to hell with honesty, just say "no" when THE question is asked.
jem might be the living embodiment, albeit a toned down version of howard wolowitz minus the allergic reaction to peanuts.
there's a thin line between being not friends and being just friends and being more than friends. and i believe that it's rather difficult, close to impossible even, to move from one car to the next once you've established a seat in this relationship train.
i'm surrounded with friends that know the value of money but don't measure anyones success with how fat their paychecks are.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
the set up:
- 4 tekken 6 machines
- machines 1 and 4 are connected to the big screen which can play both matches simultaenously
- booming t6 sounds from speakers (first time that i actually heard t6 soundtrack. i liked the jungle stage bgm)
- matches consists of best of 5 rounds
- players are "randomly" assigned to machines 1 to 4 via the colored chip they got from the fish bowl
players 1 to 8
players 9 to 16
players 17 to 24
players 25 to 32
- players must win 2 matches to advance to the next round
- the emergence of STRONG (jail - marduk) as the crowd favorite
- top seed players dropping out, mawts - nina, happy - jin
- highest ranked player (raijin?), lim yun soo - lei, in the tournament surprised no one when he advanced to the next round
- players must win 3 matches to advance to the next round
- strong makes it to the next round
- cris(???) - kazuya almost did a lazarus on LYS when he came back from a 4-0 deficit, tying the series to 4-4 but alas came short when he failed to clinch the 5th and final round of the match
third round highlights:
- players must win 5 matches to advance to the next round
- fufu - devil jin eliminates clan mate and crowd fave STRONG
- LYS sweeps (d/b+4) this round
from left to right: paulo jugo (devil jin), lim yun soo (lei), daniel xavier chua (xiayou), carlo manuel racela (bob)
- players must win 7 matches to advance to the next round
- losing players will play against each other for 3rd place
- winning players will play against each other for 1st place
- fufu - djin vs pms - bob
- dacs - xiayou vs h+s - lei
- crowd cheered for every round that dacs won
- first four matches of dacs vs LYS was close, but LYS slowly pulled away the following matches
- 5 matches to win the title of the first ever philippine tekken champion
- crowd intently watching the pinas vs korea match (hehe)
- crowd cheered for every round that bob won
- sorry for the blurry pictures.
- i hope they organize another tournament next year.
- LYS and PMS will be representing the philippines in the international competition
- mark your calendars: december 13, 2008 the day of the international competition that will be held at the trinoma lobby.
- they will be playing against new zealand, singapore and australia's champion. and whoever wins there will be playing against a player from japan.
- someone might be bringing in T6:BR for play testing. *crosses fingers*
- thanks to all the sponsors especially to timezone!
good thing i mentioned it on one of my posts.
GUD - geographically undesirable date
to paint an accurate picture let me site an example.
01 let say you're from laguna and the girl you're dating is from sucat, well since sucat is strill on the way to laguna she is not a GUD.
02 let say you're from cavite and the girl you're dating is from bulacan, well since bulacan is in no way remotely close to cavite she is a GUD.
this concludes our lesson for today. come back next time when we discuss the meaning of BV pare.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
i'm prone to blurt out random questions when i'm sleep deprived. like a while ago when jem, tseri and i were in the middle of talking about their helplessness during bus rides over some DQ, i suddenly ask jem an out-of-the-blue question,
ako: nagka-girlfriend ka na ba?
so jem's apprehension to answer the question wasn't really a surprise because it came out of nowhere. (and it wasn't a surprise because jem is always aprehensive and somewhat dodgy with this type of questions.) so i go and ask tseri instead. (kasi mas madaling kausap si tseri. hehe.) after tseri's answer i go and ask her the follow up question,
ako: nakapag-holding hands ka na ba sa mall?
so next time when i start asking weird question don't be startled it's just my brain trying to compensate from the insomia attack the previous night. gomen.
wouldn't it be fun to witness a candid videoke session of professional singers?
long bus rides = long time to think
longer bus rides = longer time to think
and because i was only able to catch the first twenty second preview of this, ayan,
too bad i can't find a videoke version of this song along with the original video. hehe.
Friday, October 24, 2008
(ikaw: pare, lasing ka na? sya: lashing? sinong lashing? di ako lashing a.)
a sign that you're getting old is when you like myx's backtrax or mtv classic.
(meron pa bang mtv classic?)
besides men wearing white pants and plain white jackets, worn separately or in combination with, a sure sign that he is gay is when the wallpaper of his phone is a picture of himself.
oh, this one too.
UPDATE: memory gap. gah.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
use MOMOL in a sentence:
pare pa-next girls are great to have MOMOL with.
napulot ko nga pala to sa rakista. yung show sa channel 5.
ang mga kabataan nga naman ngayon, mapupusok! hehe.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
2. move in on target and approach with your right/left arm higher than your left/right arm streched. (this maneuver is highly recommended if the huggee and the hugger are of about the same or equal height)
3. place higher arm somewhere between target's nape and shoulder and other arm somewhere below other arm, preferably somewhere at the back of target's waist.
4. target now should instinctively mimic you.
5. hug away. give target a warm squeeze. but mind you not too tight. (rubbing and back patting optional)
7. un-hug. walk away and smile. :)
Friday, October 17, 2008
after the screening ely and jerome played tekken 6 at timezone. yeboi! he was using law. masher. hehe. although it was cool to see him play.
i should be a carrier of the-i-don't-care-what-happens-to-angel-locsin's-career-virus after that very short stint working for gma but alas after reading this article on maxim's may 2008 issue, and i quote,
"MAXIM: since you're a homebody, do you play a lot of videogames?
ANGEL: i used to play a lot before. usually i just play TEKKEN a lot. I was so addicted to it."
i think that i love her even more. hehe.
back in college when we were still addicted to TTT there was this rumor circulating that tom taus (oo, si cedie, ang munting prinsipe) was the champion of a tournament that was held in greenhills. if my memory serves me right his character was yoshi and bruce. (yeah celsus mode.) (tama ba ang pagkaalala ko niks?)
i especially liked prime minister david and chubby natalie's bit. but i'm biased because i crush you lovely natalie. right.
so which love story did you actually liked?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
light bulb moment
1. i think barney of how i met your mother is loosely based and is in fact the censored version of NPH which is played by who else, neil patrick harris in harold & kumar go to white castle and harold & kumar escape guantanamo bay.
2. makati is like pisay. during weekdays it's so busy but during the weekends it feels like a ghost town. (agree dormers?)
3. stating that things are not awkward will most likely make this more awkward.
actually the first part of this post is just an excuse for me to throw those 3 random ideas at you. hehe.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
michael: you deplete me!
ellen: sana hindi ka na lang nag-hello!
dun natapos ang eksenang mala-pelikula. pinaghiwalay sila ng linya na nagsasala sa mga babae mula sa mga lalake.
parating na ang last trip.
isa pang sample ng fifty five fiction na gawa ko ay ito at ito.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
"si lovers pala to e..."
note to self: hanapan si mama ng dibidi na bida si lovers. yung tagalized para di sya tamarin manood. hehe.
5. janno gibbs
1. john mayer
2. duncan sheik
4. utada hikaru
syempre isang malaking good luck sa foreign list. nyar.
feel free to steal this blog post.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
patlang by cambio
sensya na ha. pagod na ko. pangwalong take na to e. lakas kasing tumahol ng mga aso at madaming dumadaan na traysikel. rar.
eto nga pala yung original version ng kanta. para naman malaman nyo na maganda talga tong kantang to. hehe.
nu b nmng fwded msg un. ang lungkot!
7:59 pm ellen
Uy! Affected sya o! Itago na lang ba natin sa pangalang Gaebril Dean D? Haha. Ü
wlang pasahan. bka ang sabhin mo itago n lng ntin sya s pangalang ellen r. hehe.
8:02 pm ellen
twnan lng b ako? c bespren michael n nman b 2?
8:09 pm ellen
Haha! Ü Oo. Kawawa nga yang si Ellen R. Ang sad nya. Hehe. Ü
haha! bat parang masaya k p?
8:24 pm ellen
Kasi madali lang maging masaya sa text. Dalawang 4, isang 2, dalawang 4, isang 2, limang 1 masaya ka na. Haha! Ü
msubukn nga. haha! smhan mo n rin ng walong 8.
8:36 pm ellen
Ang dami naman. Apat lang na 8 kaya. Ü
e s walo s fone ko e. nokia gmit ko. nokia d best!
8:39 pm ellen
Nokia bulok! Ericsson the best kaya! Ü
pgbgyan pgbgyan! pra sumaya k nmn. hehe.
9:03 pm ellen
Masaya kaya ako. Haha! Haha! Ü
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
inaayos yung foodcourt ng landmark at yung food choices sa g4. para siguro mas maaliwas ngayong pasko yung mga kainan.
ang pinakamalapit na kfc sa glorietta area ay yung nandun sa may mrt station. (di tuloy ako nakakain ng chicken steak. tinamad na kasi akong pumunta dun e. rar. di bale sa friday na lang.)
bakit mas mahal ng tatlong piso yung tuna pie ng jollibee sa may foodcourt ng landmark? tas 8 minutes pa bago pa maluto? wag na uy.
phei nakita ko si judah paolo na pakalat-kalat sa goldcrest. naisip ko tuloy na paolo si paolo dahil kay judah. hehe.
sanay pa rin akong umakyat ng 47 floors. mas madalas nga lang mag pop yung tenga ko.
nalaman kung pumanaw yung dating kong opismeyt. di naman kami close. pero sa pagkakakilala ko sa kanya masayahing tao sya. parang laging nakangiti. at nakakalungkot isipin na sobrang bata pa nyang namatay.
kaya dapat walang aksayahin na panahon!
alam mo ba kung anong gamot sa lss? pakinggan mo yung lss song mo.
(yun nga lang baka lalo ka lang malulong sa kantang yun. parang kung anong nangyayari sa akin ngayon. si utol kasi kung anu-ano pinapakinig sa akin. r&b pa. meh.)
di ako makadecide kung ayos ba tong kantang to o hindi. pop na the white stripes. hehe.
sabi sayo jem abrosia kumanta ng i just can't let go e. ayaw maniwala.
napapatunganga pa rin ako pag si hwoarang ang kalaban ko sa arcade. huhu.
o yan lang muna. naubusan na ko e. hehe.
i searched for a tool that can help me dig. i think i see a spade from afar. i excitedly ran to it, letting the mud splatter on my bare legs.
it's a spade indeed! i run back to where i'm supposed to dig.
even though it's the first time that i was using a spade, without hesitation, i used it to dig. it was very much bothersome at first. but i got the hang of using the spade. (apparently it was much much easier if i used my foot to drive the spade into the slushy earth rather than just using my arms.)
i wasn't expecting it, but i was enjoying myself. the rain on my back didn't disturbed me, instead it cooled me. i was in shin deep mud, but it's mucky composition let me dug easier. the spade was the key to my digging. all was going well, at this rate i'd be finish in no time.
but the spade fell apart. stunned i stared at the broken spade, disappointed. i still got a lot of digging to do, three more feet. but the spade gave up on me.
i examined the spade, hoping that i would be able to put it back. then i discovered that i was the one at fault why it fell apart. in my excitement i didn't notice that it was old and brittle. i wasn't aware of the force with which i was using it. i'm the sole reason why i can't use it now.
but... i still need to dig a hole.
i survey the amount of work that still needs to be done. i smile.
i grin at the fact that without the spade i would've been dirtier, i beam at the fact that without the spade i'd probably spend double the amount of time digging what i've already dug, i grin at the fact that without the spade i wouldn't have been as motivated as i am now to dig. i smile and i am happy.
i start to dig with my bare hands.
"sorry my song, i still haven't found a home for you."