Wednesday, October 01, 2008

dig david dig

i have to dig a hole. a big one. i have to do it now.

i searched for a tool that can help me dig. i think i see a spade from afar. i excitedly ran to it, letting the mud splatter on my bare legs.

it's a spade indeed! i run back to where i'm supposed to dig.

even though it's the first time that i was using a spade, without hesitation, i used it to dig. it was very much bothersome at first. but i got the hang of using the spade. (apparently it was much much easier if i used my foot to drive the spade into the slushy earth rather than just using my arms.)

i wasn't expecting it, but i was enjoying myself. the rain on my back didn't disturbed me, instead it cooled me. i was in shin deep mud, but it's mucky composition let me dug easier. the spade was the key to my digging. all was going well, at this rate i'd be finish in no time.

but the spade fell apart. stunned i stared at the broken spade, disappointed. i still got a lot of digging to do, three more feet. but the spade gave up on me.

i examined the spade, hoping that i would be able to put it back. then i discovered that i was the one at fault why it fell apart. in my excitement i didn't notice that it was old and brittle. i wasn't aware of the force with which i was using it. i'm the sole reason why i can't use it now.

but... i still need to dig a hole.

i survey the amount of work that still needs to be done. i smile.

i grin at the fact that without the spade i would've been dirtier, i beam at the fact that without the spade i'd probably spend double the amount of time digging what i've already dug, i grin at the fact that without the spade i wouldn't have been as motivated as i am now to dig. i smile and i am happy.

i start to dig with my bare hands.

"sorry my song, i still haven't found a home for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment