Wednesday, September 29, 2004

leaning into the afternoons

leaning into the afternoons,
i cast my sad nets towards your oceanic eyes.

there, in the highest blaze my solitude lengthens and flames;
its arms turning like a drowning man's.

i send out red signals across your absent eyes
that wave like the sea, or the beach by a lighthouse.

you keep only darkness my distant female;
from your regard sometimes, the coast of dread emerges.

leaning into the afternoons,
i fling my sad nets to that sea that is thrashed by your oceanic eyes.

the birds of night peck at the first stars
that flash like my soul when i love you.

the night, gallops on its shadowy mare
shedding blue tassels over the land.

pablo neruda

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I guess this is the reason why I don't really like reading poetry. I know! Let's read source code for dinner! Woohoo!

    Here's my take:

    ---

    Leaning into the never-ending nothing (with apologies to Jennifer Aniston and Pablo Neruda)

    leaning into the never-ending nothing
    i ask you to get me eyedrops

    you get me some and i use them on my tired red eyes
    you snuggle next to me and i tell you that i am tired

    you look at my red eyes and see
    the thousands of miles that i traveled from work

    you say not a word, but give me a quick peck
    and then off you go to play ragnarok online

    leaning over your shoulder, i look at your huntress
    and tell you that your stats are all wrong

    the bird that has no avian flu is now my dinner
    i eat alone while you play ragnarok

    the night, well, is black, and we sleep in our bed
    tired, bored, disenchanted, poor, and in love

    ---

    FUCK! Many thanks to Jam's entry! Tangina, five minutes! Woohoo! HE HE HE HE HE HE...

    Free type. It's fun. Oist, Jam, any other Nerudas there? I liked his famous poem back in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nabasa ko lang 'to sa powerbooks sa isang libro na puro neruda poems ang laman. ang mahal nga lang nung book. tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...beautiful poem. ;) I like your blog too, it's pleasing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks abi! by the way i'm only using a template. :)

    ReplyDelete